Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Troubling News

I received a call today from Animated Lighting asking what version of Monster Brain I have. Animated Lighting is the vendor I purchase the lighting controllers from. The troubling thing is that I discussed this with the account manager and a technical person two weeks ago. Therefore, they haven't shipped my order yet!

In past years, their service was great and shipment fast. Now that they are a larger company, the service is poor. The account manager (Lee) treats me like I'm bothering her. They billed me on October 27th so calling on the status after two weeks and again a week later is not unreasonable. They aren't suppose to bill me until the product is shipped. She even agreed with that, but didn't go any further. I called today because she left a message. She acted like I am nagging. I am always polite and very patient. So I talked with a technical person (Mark) again and he thinks he knows what I have and how to configure the MP3 controller for me. He hoped to ship the MP3 controller on Friday. In the meantime, Lee will ship the two lighting controllers for Friday delivery. At least I can install them while I wait for the MP3 controller.

On another note, I have a solution for the broken LED sign. Instead of spending $300 on the software, I decided to spend $200 on a small LED message board. I met my sister at Sam's club (she has the membership) and purchased a BETAbrite Prism color message display with 560 LED lights. The sign is pretty cool because it has various transition effects. I'm going to hang it in the garage window. It will inform viewers of the best viewing spot and the FM station when I can broadcast music. Initially, I will announce the "Classic" show that will start Sunday night. When the new music synchronized show is ready, I'll update the messages.

No comments: