Monday, November 5, 2007

Time Hog

Well, I spent all day Sunday installing lights on the Ash tree. 2,650 lights and I think it needs a couple more strings of 50. I think the tree grew wider because I only had 2,400 lights on it last year. Wrapping every branch takes a long time, but the tree looks spectacular when the lights are on.

I installed a few things Saturday, but I have so much more to do. The weather was very warm. I wish I was able to get more done.

Today a bought PVC pipe to build new stands for the fireworks on the roof. I keep trying to find a better and faster way to install them. My plan this time is to build four 4' square frames, one for each firework. The fireworks are used in the Peace scene. The are mini lights that simulate fireworks exploding in the sky. I also bought a set of snowflake lights at Target to hang from the cables between the house and the light tree. I may need to retire the snowflakes that have been hanging there. They are getting old.

No comments: