Sunday, November 18, 2007

Warm, Productive Weekend

Ah, the weather was perfect for installing Christmas lights! Warm, calm, and sunny. I was able to install a lot over the weekend. Even the evenings were warm. I stayed outside until 2100 this evening.

Most of the installation took place in the front yard where I set up many of the hand-made characters in the various scenes. Most of my time was spent installing the lighting controllers and the extension cords. I sure do have a lot of extension cords! Numbering everything makes the installation go smoothly.

I had some trouble setting up the eight "Music" trees in the front yard because the ground was so hard. We haven't had moisture for a month so the clay is like concrete. Next year, I'll soak the ground with water first.

As of now, I have installed 51,351 lights. Tomorrow is suppose to be 75 degrees so I am going to take the afternoon off work to get more done.

No comments: